Home & Renters Insurance

Briefly introduce visitors to property coverage.

When Choosing Home Insurance

Coverage A

Coverage A is the dwelling portion of a homeowners insurance policy. Think of it as the part of the policy that takes care of what you move into on move-in day! It is listed as a dollar value, typically the amount determined by the insurance company that is needed to rebuild your home in case of a total loss.   

Coverage B

The coverage B portion of your policy covers the appurtenant (other structures) on your property. Examples would be a pool house, a she-shed, pole building, or even a fence. 

Coverage C

Coverage C is the contents in your home. I define your contents as all the stuff you would take with you if you were to move to a new home tomorrow. 

Liability & Guest Injuries

Liability coverage on your homeowner’s policy that provides coverage if you or something from your property accidentally injures an individual or neighboring property.

The Overall Policy

Together, these all come together to form your insurance policy. You will want to spend time looking at any risks you are willing to take or any specific coverages you want to add to ensure that your belongings and family are covered.

Before After

Tips To Save Money

Save by Your Choices, Not By Cutting Quality

Learning Center FAQ's

There are some things that can’t be insured on your home insurance. A couple examples may be flood, damage caused by insects/rodents, rust, and general wear & tear. (This is not an exhaustive list. It is always best to speak with your agent when discussing coverage.)

Your own insurance should cover the loss. Your insurance company may be able to recover the amount it pays and your deductible from the homeowner’s insurance that your neighbor may have, assuming the loss occurred as a result of your neighbor’s negligence.

Most homeowner’s insurance policies will cover full-time students if they live in on-campus housing. If they opt to live off campus, a renter’s insurance policy in their name may be required.

Yes, the contents portion of your homeowner’s insurance covers your personal property, even if your belongings are off premises in a storage unit. However, there may be a dollar limit to the coverage.

Yes, you can change your insurance at any time. You should be sure to have your new insurance in place before you cancel your old policy. I recommend pricing your home insurance every 3-5 years to see if they can get a better rate. The logical time to shop home insurance is at renewal, but it can be changed at any time.

Rees & Comp has been our insurance agency for several years. They have always been friendly, helpful & knowledgeable. We have had a couple of claims and they have always treated us fairly. Brendon was prompt to respond and guided us through the process. We would highly recommend Rees & Comp Insurance Agency to anyone.